Twelve-year-old BFF’s Ginnie West and Tillie Taylor, want to be sisters. Ginnie’s widowed dad plus Tillie’s divorced mom could equal a lifetime of round-the-clock girl talk and slumber parties. Too bad Dad vowed to never marry again.
Ginnie and Tillie come up with the perfect scheme to change his mind: ‘Operation Secret Sisters’ (aka OSS). After all, if they can’t get Dad to move on, Tillie can’t move in.
When Monique isn’t writing, you can find her playing taxi driver to one or more of her 12 children, plotting her next novel, scrapbooking, or being the “Mamarazzi” at any number of child-oriented events.
Even though she realizes there will never be enough hours in any given day, Monique tries very hard to enjoy the journey that is her life. She shares it with a terrific husband, her dozen children and 3 in-law kids, eleven granddarlings, 5 cats, and many real and imaginary friends.
She is the author of five published books (and several unpublished ones) and is in two anthologies. You can find more about Monique and her works at: www.moniquebucheger.blogspot.com
1) Ginnie–if I could cast a girl as Ginnie in a movie today–it would be Gracie on the cover. Gracie has a fun personality and an impish grin.
2) Tillie–if I could cast a girl as Tillie–it would be Jessie on the cover. The 2 of them just did a beautiful picture shoot that embraced the essence of Ginnie and Tillie.
3) Uncle Ben–i always picture Bruce Boxleitner I enjoyed him a s a kid on a show called “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” and “Babylon 5”–recenty he has been featured on Supergirl and he was the actor who played the main character on the original movie, Tron.
4) I would love to see Bruce’s ex-wife, Melissa Gilbert as Aunt Sadie –I loved her as a kid as Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie.
5) Ginnie’s dad Todd–my first inspiration for Todd was John Schneider–Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard. John would be too old to play Ginnie’s dad if it was filmed today–but he was the original dad image, when I dreamed Ginnie up years ago.
6) Uncle Jake–I could see Michael Weatherly (Tony DiNozzo) from NCIS playing a contemporary Uncle Jake–minus the 3-piece suits.
7) Miss Amanda– I could see her portrayed by Emma Watson (real life Belle and Little Women)
Heart thumping, Ginnie jerked Calliope to the right.
Traxx and Tillie broke left.
The car zoomed between them.
Brakes squealed. A horn blared. Tillie shrieked.
A second car, this one burgundy, followed the first car, blocking the rest of the lane andGinnie’s exit.
Without prompting, Calliope gathered herself and launched into the air, seeming to grow invisible wings. Ginnie was electrified. She loved the sensation of floating and the thrill of power that came when riding a jumping horse. Adrenaline fizzed through her like diet soda and Mentos as she and her horse sailed over the hood of the burgundy car.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page